10 Tips to Keep Young in Midlife
|CC Jump, jump, jump by moonjazz taken on July 9, 2009, https://www.flickr.com/photos/moonjazz/|
Another popular old adage is, "with age comes wisdom". As we ponder this proverb it brings to mind that age has an element of time. The longer we live, the greater the experiences we encounter. These experiences contribute to our learnings in life. During that learning period, we made wrong decisions, we made an incorrect evaluation of the situation that eventually leads to a crisis. These adversities served as lessons that in the future gave birth to wisdom, a guide to a better understanding of every facet of life.
We talk about age because many women are conscious of their physical attributes as they aged. This post is not about the physical aspect of keeping young. It is about the emotional wellness of midlife women.
|CC Letting go by Chris Ford Some taken on September 21, 2013, Some Rights Reserved https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisschoenbohm/9916669806|
1. Stay positive - keep a good disposition in life. If we experience downfalls, do not let it break you but instead treat it as a challenge in life.
2. Exercise - a healthy body means a healthy mind. Keep yourself physically active and you'll be happy.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet - this means eat go, grow & glow foods in moderation.
4. Laugh a lot - laughter is the best medicine, it is the cure for all worries.
5. Keep company with young people - young people are fun to be with, they have innovative ideas that bring a new perspective to old conceptions.
6. Quit smoking - smoking shortens lifespan by 10 years.
7. Don't drink alcohol - the more alcohol you drink, the higher your risk of strokes, aneurysm, heart attacks and early death.
8. Drink plenty of water - drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. A dehydrated body is prone to various ailments.
9. Create a hobby - a hobby brings forth new interest in life.
10. Nurture your spiritual life - do not let a day pass without praying. " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
Let me share with you a quote;
Style is the sum of so many things – beginning with a sense of who you are and having self-confidence. - Kate Spade
Kate Spade (RIP) may have along the way lose the sense of who she is and her self confidence that led to her early demise, but it's not late for us my midlife sisters. Live a good life, stay physically, mentally & emotionally fit and you'll feel young in midlife.
Do you have any tips on how we midlife women can stay forever young? Share them here.
Middle life is beautiful.
Till next time. God bless.